General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oh man

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh man

Anybody in the Columbus OH area that wants to earn some money? I just tried following installuniversity's plug/wire change instructions. Well, the driver's side was OK. The passenger side is a nightmare. I was not able to get the last coil pack rack bolt loose. On top of that, I lost one of the bolts to the AIR tube, and I lost the gasket. So now I have 4 brand new plugs and wires on one side, and the same ol' crap on the other. So, anybody want to help a brother out for some money? There is no way I am gonna get that side done. I don't want to take it to a dealer because I know those bastards will change the all but #8. Thanks guys.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:48 PM
...with cheese.

Some people do #8 from the bottom. I've done them either way. I find it much easier to take the coil pack off and do it from the top. Use an open end stubby 10mm to get that last coil pack bolt and leave it out when you're done. I'd do it for you if you were local.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1inch extension works great from the top on that last plug. as far as the missing bolt just go to home depot or lowes and get one thats close and get some really high temp gasket maker for your missing gasket. just chill out bro have a beer then get back to it. its a really easy job
Old 12-26-2009, 11:43 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jsteele90
just chill out bro have a beer then get back to it. its a really easy job
Exactly. Don't give up on it-don't give up on yourself. Wax on, wax off...
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

I just did my first plug change on the ss last week. I must agree damn that plug and the little post of death that mount fuel rail covers lol.. None the less just keep your cool and keep workin at it and you will get it.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:49 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

At least it's not an LT1...
Old 12-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Maybe I should get one of the wrenches that angles down like 70 degrees right at the end. That might make it easy to get the last rail nut loose. I just can't seem to get a wrench back there, nor a deepwell. I'll try again, but if I can't get that loose, I just don't see how it is possible. Can any of the tubing that is back there going into the firewall be removed? I doubt it. All of that is probably going to the heater core isn't it? Oh well. thanks guys, I will try again.