General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

boging

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boging

ok i just a 99 camaro v6 auto changed my plugs and wires did a oil change cleaned off my o2 senser and changed my maf ( had a really bad stutter before) now when my temp gauge gets to about 150 i bog real bad every time i give it gas ideals good i throw it in nutral and rev it up it great but if i but it in gear and give it gas it starts choking out and the more gas i give the more power i lose even my lights go dim engine light is on and i got it read the print out say's i have some kind of mis fire or its a vacuum leak,injector fault,ignition system fault or a high low fuel pressure im new to the camaro thing and any help would be great
Old 01-15-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slow6er
ok i just a 99 camaro v6 auto changed my plugs and wires did a oil change cleaned off my o2 senser and changed my maf ( had a really bad stutter before) now when my temp gauge gets to about 150 i bog real bad every time i give it gas ideals good i throw it in nutral and rev it up it great but if i but it in gear and give it gas it starts choking out and the more gas i give the more power i lose even my lights go dim engine light is on and i got it read the print out say's i have some kind of mis fire or its a vacuum leak,injector fault,ignition system fault or a high low fuel pressure im new to the camaro thing and any help would be great
Cleaned your O2 sensors with what? Changed your MAF to what? Ever changed the fuel filter?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Teching In

no i didn't change my fuel filter i got a replace ment maf its just like the stock one i used a brush to clean senser im gona change my fuel filter today
Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow6er
no i didn't change my fuel filter i got a replace ment maf its just like the stock one i used a brush to clean senser im gona change my fuel filter today
Yeah def change the fuel filter. That may be your problem right there...
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Teching In

ok i checkedd out every thing fuel line fuel filter wires and plugs i got nothing only thing i got now is a read off from the computer that says ERG any body know what that is also whats really got me stomped is why its only giving me the problem at that temp after it passes that temp it stops
Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

EGR is emmissions stuff, which is usually deleted.......unhook your maf and see if it helps i know you said you changed it but who knows
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Teching In

ok i'll try that this morning and c what happens i know my cumputer has been moded to read it has a cat even though its not one on it wonder if that has any thing to do with it
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have similar problem... i unplugged MAF and it stumbled worse. does this eliminate the MAF as the problem?