General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Dash panel popped up a little bit in the corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dash panel popped up a little bit in the corner

The panel in the passenger side corner is popped up a little bit. Going over bumpy roads, it annoyingly taps the windshield. Right now I just wedged a piece of black electrical tape up against it and the plastic column/pillar piece.

Any better and permanent solutions?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that panel is held onto the dash by velco pad and push snaps. remove the a pillar from the passenger side and see you can massage the panel back into place; a push pin maybe have come up or a velco pad may have lost its grip. just be careful with the bad because they can snap into pieces easily if its been sun

how to remove a-pillar: remove t-top and youll see 2 screws. unscrew and then the a-pillar pretty much pops out with little effort
Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

I took off the A-pillar but that really didn't help me. I really didn't try to massage it back into place, though. I guess that was my fault. At lunch, I may leave everything in place and still try to massage it back.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dash panel would rattle against the windshield sometimes too.

After dealing with it for 3 years, I put some small pieces of black velcro (soft side) onto the windshield right down where it met the dash pad. I used three pieces, one in the center, one at the drivers side center, the other at the pass side center. That fixed the problem.

But then last year I got tired of looking at the small pieces of Velcro, so I removed the dash pad, and used velcro in the same 3 places, except they went onto the edge or lip of the pad, instead of the windshield.

Now it is completely invisible and quite!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk
My dash panel would rattle against the windshield sometimes too.

After dealing with it for 3 years, I put some small pieces of black Velcro (soft side) onto the windshield right down where it met the dash pad. I used three pieces, one in the center, drivers side center, other pass side center. That fixed the problem.

But then last year I got tired of looking at the small pieces of Velcro, so I removed the dash pad, and used Velcro in the same 3 places, expect they went onto the edge or lip of the pad, instead of the windshield.

Now it is completely invisible and quite!
Yeah, I thought about doing something like that. I'd hate even more though for something to crack. I did stick a piece of black electrical tape in the corner, but that fell out rather quickly.