General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start in the morning... bad battery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start in the morning... bad battery?

Ok, so here is the deal, I think that my battery is bad.

Whenever I turn my car off for a little bit, it seems as if the battery goes dead, or gets really weak, and it wont start... The little bubble thing in my battery that shows the condition of the battery still reads Green... I can jump the car and it runs fine after i get it to start.... My car has been sitting for about 3 months prior to yesterday. So is my battery bad? or is something else draining it?

Thanks for all the help,

Lee
Old 03-20-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your battery might have a bad cell...Take it to autozone or walmart and have them test it. If the battery tests good have them test the alternator. Its probobly going to be your battery though.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i thought so.... i work at walmart so i guess i can have them test it lol

any other inputs/thoughts?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am sayin the alternator, as said above take ur battery to auto zone and have them check it. If its good, ur culprit is probably gonna b ur alternator.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cvaught
I am sayin the alternator, as said above take ur battery to auto zone and have them check it. If its good, ur culprit is probably gonna b ur alternator.

If the alternator is bad, that would mean that its not charging the battery at all. and after driving for awhile the lights and stuff would get dimmer correct? i have a feeling its the battery.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bongva
yea i thought so.... i work at walmart so i guess i can have them test it lol

any other inputs/thoughts?
Awsome i work at walmart also lol but in the Tire And Lube center...Test batteries all the time with these symtoms and that is motsly what comes up on the tester is a dead cell...Get alot of people that have their cars setting for a while and have problems starting. You might be lucky and your battery might just need a recharge. If you have a walmart Ever Start Maxx battery it should have a free 3 year replacement there...of course if it doesnt you can use your 10% discount and get one there lol. I think here where i live they cost 77 bucks plus the $9 Core fee.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camaro981289
Awsome i work at walmart also lol but in the Tire And Lube center...Test batteries all the time with these symtoms and that is motsly what comes up on the tester is a dead cell...Get alot of people that have their cars setting for a while and have problems starting. You might be lucky and your battery might just need a recharge. If you have a walmart Ever Start Maxx battery it should have a free 3 year replacement there...of course if it doesnt you can use your 10% discount and get one there lol. I think here where i live they cost 77 bucks plus the $9 Core fee.
LOL I will have to get that checked out. I know all the TLE guys pretty well, cause I work in sporting goods which is right next to them. I think my battery is still the OEM one.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

If its an AC DELCO than it probobly is the oem one. If you know em pretty well ask em to hook it up lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FIXED!!!! It was a bad battery cell.

Thanks to all for the help!