General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pulsating vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulsating vibration

I've been noticing a pulsating vibration coming from i'm guessing the transmission. It vibrates my center console up around the ash tray/shifter area the most. Its most noticable during hard acceleration and after i let off the gas at high speeds 70+. When i accelerate the pulse speeds up and when i let off the gas it slows down. Anyone have any ideas?

Also i don't know if this will have anything to do with it, but when i launch at higher rpms at the drag strip the car seems to fall on its face a little bit, after it gets rolling it pulls very hard. Someone had said 1st might be slipping a little. I don't know if all that might be related or even if its the trans at all causing the vibration, just looking for some ideas on where to start..

there is no shift kit of aftermarket torque converter in the car and the trans fluid levels are good. I do not know when the fluid was last changed, if its the stock trans or if its been rebuilt before. I bought the car in January and the guy i bought it from didn't know much about it and didn't have the previous owners number to get answers.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Launching!

What kind of tranny mount do you have. I replaced mine with a polyurethane one and it vibrates like a son of a bitch. I would check the mount to see if its rubber or after market.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Drew24
What kind of tranny mount do you have. I replaced mine with a polyurethane one and it vibrates like a son of a bitch. I would check the mount to see if its rubber or after market.
I agree, Tranny mount is normally what causes this...

If you are sitting at a stop in neutral does it still so it?????

Check your tranny mount, pinion angle, make sure weights on your DS are still there, also what rear do you have and does it make noise???
Old 04-04-2010, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure on the tranny mounts I'll have to get under there and look. It has 3.73's in the rear end not sure which brand but they do whine quite a bit.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

And It doesn't do it while just sitting there only when the car is moving. Haven't noticed it in reverse either, mainly just at 55+mph
Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Launching!

I have 411s and a polly mount. It only vibrates when going 45 to 60 ish. Mine is really bad on the freeway. It also could be the tires arent balanced as well.

Quick Reply: Pulsating vibration