General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn Signal Problem...help!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Turn Signal Problem...help!

So i read the sticky on this already but I still have a question...so im having problems with my right side turn signal...sometimes when i hit the lever up to engage my right turn signal nothings happens...i have to push it up hard and move the lever around till it works but when it does work the arrow just stays on. I replaced the bulb about a week ago so I know thats good and I've also checked both sockets with a multimeter and I'm getting 12 volts on both sides. My left blinker works perfectly. I have noticed that my turn signal lever is loose and has some play to it and my cruise control no longer works. If I turn on my lights the low filament on the bulb lights up but during the day when the DRL's are on that side doesn't light up at all.

Also yesterday I noticed that when I put my hazards on only the left side arrow was blinking. I had to mess around with the hazard button and move it around until both arrows inside the car started blinking. On the outside both rear lights were blinking and in the front only the driver side was blinking.

so my question is the following: what the hell is the problem and how do i fix it? lol

For starters I was gonna buy a new turn signal lever but looking at the fact that its a cool $150+ and a PITA to replace I figured i'd ask before I get to tearing up my steering column
Old 05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

another member on here said its probably the turn signal hub...anybody have any input?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Its a bad flasher. If the switch was bad, your cluster would not light.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

makes sense, hopefully thats it...i'm gonna take out the kick panel today and check it with a multimeter

Search this Thread