General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What can cause this???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What can cause this???

Well my car was running like **** but I've finally been coming around fixing her up little by little. The tranny went out so I put in a built one and while the guy was putting in the tranny he let me know of a big oil leak from behind the motor. He also let me know that the car was throwing a code for "random misfire in cylinder #7." Now I took the car to my mechanic and he fixed the oil leak by replacing some sort of gasket behind the motor and I was wondering if that leak somehow caused the misfire???? The car has been running great but that has stayed on the back of my mind and was wondering what it could possibly be I did a tune up to the car a couple months back and I'm thinking the bastard probably didn't change the #7 plug Any help is appreciated
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

P.S. I'm trying to get her running 100% because my bro just bought a terminator and he's been talking ****. He needs to be put in his place
Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Unless the #7 spark plug was trashed for some reason when they changed the plugs, it should still run fine with one old plug in there. Alot of times when mechanics do plug changes they put the wires back on and leave one or more of them touching the exhaust manifold piping.
Make sure that none of the wires are touching any metal AT ALL. That will cause mifires.

Also, of course, make sure the plug wires are snapped on the plug and the coil properly.

Might be a broken spark plug too, or a bad wire. So maybe after trying the things above, then try swapping wires to see if the problem follows the #7 wire.

Could be a bad #7 fuel injector too.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ Thanks I'm going to look at that to tomorrow see if that can be it
Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea might be they just didn't plug the wire in all the wu I know I'm guilty of that some of them are in tough spots