General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Off Topic But Parking Brake Shoe Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Off Topic But Parking Brake Shoe Help Needed!

Hey guys, sorry for the off topic post in here but I joined an Alero forum of which there are about 20 total members and I have been getting no help so I have the question here. I hope someone in here has an Alero.

Basically this all started Saturday I was changing a buddies rear pads and rotors on his 01 Alero I jacked the car up and he placed the jack stands under the lateral links, the car is older, they were rusty and when I set the jack down it bent the **** out of the links. I am pretty sure the links were all that bent.

Ok so I was changing two bent rear lateral links in my buddies 2001 Alero, I also was changing the rotors and brakes on his car as well, I get to the drivers side and the rotor will not go on right.

Come to find out the parking brake shoe had slipped off of the little cylinder up top and was in the way hitting the rotor. I then went and released the parking brake and both of the screws/adjusters fell out of that cylinder and the cable fell into the cylinder. I need to know how to get everything put back together. Is there a way to get the parking brake shoe back up onto the cylinder without taking the hub assembly off?

Can someone please give me some help on this I am getting extremely frustrated.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone with any experience on this?