General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I have a leak.(what is this part.picture.)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I have a leak.(what is this part.picture.)

hmmm this part is just letting my coolant flow onto the floor. what is it exactly?

circled in the pic, it's right below the pecok thing.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That should be where the coolant drains out when you have the petcock open? Is it open? Is this a serious question (no offense)?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wait, thats an LT1 radiator, you know that right?

You may need to cap that off if its just a hollow port. The petcock drain (white thing) should be where the coolant comes out when you lossen the white valve. Right out of the hole in the white thing.

The thing you have circled looks like another port....which is wierd. If you're putting that in an LS1, which I did to mine, you will also have to cap the port at the other bottom corner on the other plastic tank.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

well i just searched it for a quick refference. didn't rerally care if it was a ls1 or lt1 radiator cause i just wanted a pic of it to show. and I thought the coolant drained out of the pecock when it's opend. put the plastic thing at the bottom is able to wiggle back an forth. I thought something was broke.

thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 01wssick
well i just searched it for a quick refference. didn't rerally care if it was a ls1 or lt1 radiator cause i just wanted a pic of it to show. and I thought the coolant drained out of the pecock when it's opend. put the plastic thing at the bottom is able to wiggle back an forth. I thought something was broke.

thanks.
Yes, the petcock valve only releases coolant when you turn it and loosen it. The coolant will come out of the hole in the white valve that you turn. You don't take the petcock valve all the way out and off, you just open it and it starts to drain, but stays on there.

That other port I've never seen before on an LT1/LS1 radiator. Maybe its a Corvette style LT1 or LS1 radiator and it has that extra port.....

Old 06-26-2010, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

it was cracked. fixed it easily. no leaks lol