General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

~~ Lag in accel, then none. Dont know how to explain... ~~

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ~~ Lag in accel, then none. Dont know how to explain... ~~

... Ill try my best.

When taking off under a good bit of peddle, I notice after about 2 ~ 4 seconds I gain a better pull.

Ill try again.

Say Im in 3rd gear at half peddle. Still acceling, but not changing from half peddle. About 2 ~ 4 seconds after this scenario, I can feel/get/seems like 20 more HP. It may happen at other times as well, might be this is the only time Ive noticed it because of how noticable it really is...

So... WTF?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:41 PM

try changing the fuel filter and cleaning the injectors
Old 06-19-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

Other than running Seafoam, how do I clean the injectors? Or is that what you were getting at.

Ive already changed the filter.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is your injectors you can have them re-jetted. Not all places do it but there is a NAPA here that does them for around 30 bucks a piece I believe... they put bnew o-rings and seals and clean them out, then flow test them... but paying 30bucks or so a pop is alot cheaper than buying a new set.

Whatever it is, it sounds like something in the fuel system.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

I want to mention this thread just incase it might be related

Is there anyway to tell if my injectors are going poop?

What I find strange is that its almost always the same scenario. Same pedal position, same acceleration, etc... I cant get it like that any other time...

Another thing I was thinking about: Could it possibly be my clutch? I know if I try to power brake or get on it hard Ill have a light clutch slippage, and I have the ever so common sticky pedal. My symptoms are not the same as others though, all I have to do is rev up the engine at a stand still and the pedal will **** up... My guess is that its slipping just a hair, and I mean just a hair (because it will still put me in my seat), and then it all of a sudden fully engages less the hair.

What do you guys think about that?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by nimrod.sixty9
Other than running Seafoam, how do I clean the injectors? Or is that what you were getting at.

Ive already changed the filter.
you would go to a shop and hava a injector service done, they disable the fuel pump (pulling fuse) hook up a guage with a cleaner/fuel can to the fuel rail and start the car the cleaner then flows through the injectors and cleans any gunk/deposits in them it takes about 15 to 30 minutes on how bad they are and how fast your car consumers the cleaner/fuel

made a HUGE difference in my car as i had a horrible stumble at part/light throttle@ 2500rpm