General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

passenger side fan !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question passenger side fan !!

the 40 fuse & the 3 relays work fine .... the fan runs very slowly on start up for abt 10 sec then it stops even when a/c is on .... ? ... last things thing's on my mind is the pcm & the temp sensor on the drivers side heads ..... will check the grounds but seriously doubt it ....?? any suggestions appreciated !!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

id test that fan by its self. Run some nice jumper wires to the battery and see if it fires up and runs fine.

If it does, then you can look at the other stuff. I doubt a temp sensor is the cause, but you could check that with a basic scan tool, see if it gives weird temps.

if the fan its self is not screwed, then my second guess would be the relay. you could try swapping relays around to test that. beyond that you start getting into deep diag, and spending time on it.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cherryelky305
id test that fan by its self. Run some nice jumper wires to the battery and see if it fires up and runs fine.

If it does, then you can look at the other stuff. I doubt a temp sensor is the cause, but you could check that with a basic scan tool, see if it gives weird temps.

if the fan its self is not screwed, then my second guess would be the relay. you could try swapping relays around to test that. beyond that you start getting into deep diag, and spending time on it.
already had my fan tested directly tothe batt & its fine ... temp sensor my guess is good cause the gauge reading seems normal .... now i already swaped the 1 & 2 relays .... changed all the 3 relays ... both cool fan fuses are replaced but the 40 cool fan fuse was burnt so will check its wires first !!