General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C prob

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C prob

The air works but only blows on feet and defrost, nothing comes out at the panel, even when I flip it to panel it still blows on feet and defrost. I started to take the controls out but I dont know what I am looking for. Thanks
Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the default mode when you lose vacuum. Check the vacuum lines from behind the intake going over to the passenger side near the PCM under the hood.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Launching!

I just got finished fixing the same problem on my 07 trailblazer. It ended up being a electronic actuator that opens and closes when you switch from the upper and lower vents, not sure if the f-bodies have the same setup. I also have a quick question. I just recently put some fresh refrigerant in the camaro, but the A/C doesnt really blow that cold! Is this normal for f-bodies?

Old 06-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got finished fixing the same problem on my 07 trailblazer. It ended up being a electronic actuator that opens and closes when you switch from the upper and lower vents, not sure if the f-bodies have the same setup. I also have a quick question. I just recently put some fresh refrigerant in the camaro, but the A/C doesnt really blow that cold! Is this normal for f-bodies?
Trailblazer is a different set up, listen to the previous guy and check the vacuum source. Now, just because you put refrigerant in the car doesn't mean it will work. What kind of refridgerant did you use? Whats the low side pressure? Have a way to check the high side?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Yeah the low side pressure is good, the refrigerant I got from walmart, and I have no clue how to check the high side pressure. To give you a better idea of what's going on; the A/C works it's just not very cold.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are many ways the a/c may have issues. Did you put in a new orfice tube? Why did you put in new refridgerant in the first place?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, I will first check the vacuum lines. Hopefully thats all it is I just had a new intake put on so Im leaning towards that.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

OK, its def. vac. related. after doing some messing around. At idle when I turn the air or heat on the engine drops down to 500 or 600 til i turn it off then it goes back to about 1000. (I never noticed before because I was driving with the air on.) So I looked under the hood and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary? Any more suggestions?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

i also and having the same issue,

if i find anything out ill be sure to post,
and if you find anything out please post it here also lol!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

I got it, the people who did some work on my car failed to hook up the vacuum line to the back of the intake, the reason I didnt get it right away is beacuse I didnt reach down far enough I was seriously less than half inch away from where it plugs in. Easy fix though
Old 07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DirtyHO'SS
I got it, the people who did some work on my car failed to hook up the vacuum line to the back of the intake, the reason I didnt get it right away is beacuse I didnt reach down far enough I was seriously less than half inch away from where it plugs in. Easy fix though
I will check that on mine. Thanks for following up!!