General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

OK SERIOUSLY WTF....Car acting posessed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK SERIOUSLY WTF....Car acting posessed!

So, I was driving home today and out of no where while going 50mph, all of a sudden my fuel guage went to E, my "check guages" light came on, the car wouldnt let me accelerate it just slowed down till it came to a stop. It's as if everything electrical died, including my power steering....but yet my radio was still working just fine while all this was going on I had it blasting as usual. When I came to a stop the car was off, which now I'm not sure if the car may have been off the entire time it just shut off while going 50 mph. Then when I was at a stop, I tried starting it and the guages lights were still flashing and the car would keep trying hard to start but it just wouldnt turn over, so I started giving it gas and reving the engine and FINALLY got it started. Then it was driving like *** for a few minutes...and then got it home and it seemed to magically fine?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL....

ANY THOUGHTS???? PLEASE...IM OPEN TO ANYTHING! Maybe a few things you should know, I recently replaced my starter in November, my belt tensioner last month. I did a tune up about 6 months ago so I know it wasnt a misfire issue. I've had the "check guages" light come on 2 times before, once was the fuse for the guages, which does not allow the car to start, and the second time was b/c my belt was slipping off the tensioner and so obviously all the belt driven components quit working. What I dont get with this new problem is, why the hell would the car act like my fuses all blew and then all of a sudden act perfect 10 minutes later.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Loose ground.