General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Aftermaket torque arm relocation crossmember and torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermaket torque arm relocation crossmember and torque arm

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this on the right place. Is anyone using a stock style aftermarket torque arm?
I just installed my torque arm relocation bracket and aftermarket stock style torque arm. It does the job but Im having some mild vibration and some "clunk" noise from the back area and front.

The setup i had runs pretty close to the floor wall in the car. The piece of metal where the bushing installs to on the relocation bracket is making contact with the floor of the car too. The clunk noise happens on the back when you hit the gas hard and when is shifting to 2nd gear(A4). The front noise happens when accelerate hard also and some times when you decelerate hard. I thighten the bolts according to specs by the manufacture. I also get some mild vibration at 50-55MPH if you accelerate. I think that the noise of the rear end or tranny is transfering thru the relocation bracket and the floor metal since is making contact. I contacted the manufacture and he double checked to make sure I got the right parts. They told me that this et up runs super close and I have to make clearance by molding the flooring metal.

I will try to massage the metal areas that are making contact to make some room. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. If not then I will try stock cross member with aftermarket torque arm and see if the problem persists.

If all fail I will sell this items and try the other setup with the tunnel brace. The only reason I didn't bought that one was because of not knowing if I will have clearance issue with LT headers in the future. I was told that the setup will work fine.
Here is the link to install pics. Any input will be appreciated.

http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/z...0torque%20arm/
Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone lol? im thinking of getting some ramps and then get underneath the car and mark where is it hitting. I might have to remove the drive shaft to have enough room.