General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

"while i'm at it" power window motor and speaker

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "while i'm at it" power window motor and speaker

ok so my drivers side power window motor is going, i'm going to replace that.

my passenger door speaker is crackling and needs replacing. the window motor on that side works alright, but since the drivers side is going makes me wonder how long before the passenger side does too.

i know the term if its not broke dont fix it, but with this car i want to take it apart as little as possible.

should i just go for it or wait on the passenger motor to actually go?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it will broke when you using bank teller drive thru
it will broke when rains start to come down
it will broke before you stop the car and head in for work.

Replace it when ever you see it going slow, my guest going to me few day mabe 2 week. Or convert to roll window
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Depends on what you put in there. If you replace it with a rebuilt unit, the "new" motor may go out before the one you have in there.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wimimc
ok so my drivers side power window motor is going, i'm going to replace that.

my passenger door speaker is crackling and needs replacing. the window motor on that side works alright, but since the drivers side is going makes me wonder how long before the passenger side does too.

i know the term if its not broke dont fix it, but with this car i want to take it apart as little as possible.

should i just go for it or wait on the passenger motor to actually go?
I'm in the same position. My speakers are crackling so I need to change them, and you gotta remove the speakers to do the window motors. My motors work, but the windows are slow so they are on borrowed time. Part of me wants to change them while I am doing the speakers, but at the same time, if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's not a huge deal to remove the door panels and speakers, so I may wait until the window motors actually quit.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverV6Camaro
I'm in the same position. My speakers are crackling so I need to change them, and you gotta remove the speakers to do the window motors. My motors work, but the windows are slow so they are on borrowed time. Part of me wants to change them while I am doing the speakers, but at the same time, if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's not a huge deal to remove the door panels and speakers, so I may wait until the window motors actually quit.
When it slow I change it, I RECOMMENT IT , dont wait until it broke and change it, you dont want these happent to you

it will broke when you using bank teller drive thru
it will broke when rains start to come down
it will broke before you stop the car and head in for work.
It will broke when you stop the car to head in for movie , or club, or bar.

the worse part is when it fking rains, and one more thing I did learn to make the power window last, DONT LET IT ROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN, LEAVE IT UP A LITTLE BIT, cause when you roll all the way down, it put alot strange on the motor to put it back up. that a tips
Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

i wish i could convert to a roll down window! i hate the power windows in these cars! grrrr
Old 07-13-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98RedRocket
i wish i could convert to a roll down window! i hate the power windows in these cars! grrrr
their is a write up on that some where here, not that expensive, my car dont came with power seat, power window, power mirror, only power lock, and dont even have leather.
Wait, let me take a pix of mine car

Back :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ignore the carpet, it will be vacum this weekent hehe

Last edited by killagt; 07-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.