General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Not Working

I moved my Formula into the shop and lowered the drivers window as I backed in, it was slow going down. I tried raising the window and it will not move at all. Both window motors were replaced several years ago by Pontiac dealer for the original owner. I printed the directions from shbox.com to take the door apart and replace the window motor, could this be anything else?, and does anyone know if GM dealers replace the motors the way its shown on shbox.com be drilling out the rivets?

Thanks for any information; Donnie Lee - Goldsboro, NC
Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Launching!

I would like 2 know as well, seeing as my drivers side window is stuck in position. That website mentioned seems OK but I'd like a little more insight if yall can help out.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by dlee
could this be anything else?
nope. its dead again

Originally Posted by dlee
does anyone know if GM dealers replace the motors the way its shown on shbox.com be drilling out the rivets?
the GM procedure is to drill it out. this is one of those things that I think we are best off doing ourselves. plus, the dealer will just install a rebuilt motor - if you get a Doorman motor from a parts store, you'll get an updated motor that's supposed to last longer and it will be a 100% new unit.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Default Window Not Working

I picked up a motor today from NAPA, they said it was Doorman, I'm replacing it tomorrow, if the rivets were orginally drilled out at the first replacement it should cut down on the replacement time.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Just watch your fingers with the scissor-action tension. Best if you have someone there just to hold it down for you. Good luck.