General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LS1 Boggs when given throttle...UPDATED WITH VIDEO INSIDE!!!..PLEASE NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy LS1 Boggs when given throttle...UPDATED WITH VIDEO INSIDE!!!..PLEASE NEED HELP!!!

Ok my car starts up fine everytime. NOW when I give it some gas (throttle) it wants to die out, then if I let off and catch it.... it will go back to idle and be ok. Now it did this with my ls6 intake and 78mm t/b combo as its doing it with my new fast 102mm combo...SAME IDENITCAL THING. Thought maybe the swap would take care of it...WRONG!!!

Now I notice WAYYYY more raw fuel smell and makes my eyes water. I also noticed this: When I unplugged the Intake Air Temp sensor (IAT) it seems to be more responsive on the throttle side, then when plugged back in it sounds like its not getting fuel or like choking out and stumbles and can die out or real close at times.

I replaced the IAT with a new one and still same results.

The car is tuned with a SPEED DENSITY TUNE so no MAF Sensor.

I need some LSx Master Techs input what to look at, where to start,please help

Here is the video, and yes I know there is no coupler in between the t/b and lid it did with it on or off. and also everything its doing with this 102mm setup it did the same stuff on my ls6 intake 78mm t/b setup also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmyeW-oxgOE

Last edited by MAXXLIMIT; 07-26-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Maybe try the correct forum?? Will probably get some ideas....