General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

94 LT1 TH400 Question, No Start poss. wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94 LT1 TH400 Question, No Start poss. wiring

ok here is the deal. the car is a 94 formula the engine is a 383 stroker, the trans is a Th400 no brake. I put the engine in last month got all the ground hooked up properly and the computer tune correctly. Went to start it and all i get was crank. I checked Fuel pulse and its good. The car has a new opti, new coil and new ICM.

I thought maybe the computer was tuned incorrectly but i took it back to the company and everything checked out fine.

Im having some friends telling me about the trans swap i did, something might not be wired correct and quite honstley i didnt do any wiring yet for the trans except for the speedo. I have heard if the nuteral saftey switch isnt hooked up the car will not crank but im getting crank just no spark. Im also wondering about the TCC, i have heard of that causing my problem. Any truth to this ?

I have already put power to all of the compents to find out maybe if i had a bad pigtail or something and same result no spark. this is becoming more and more frustrating. Any ideas where to go next, it seems like there is something holding this car from sparking, just not a obvious problem like a opti spark or such.

If someone has had this problem before please give me some insite. If something has to be wired proberly for the TH400 swap is there any good pics out there for descriptions.