General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help removing AIR/EGR

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Help removing AIR/EGR

Im about to remove my AIR/EGR systems. I had a couple of questions maybe someone can help me with. Whenever I pull the tube out of the top of my LS1 intake I know i need a block off plate for the front of my intake. Im not worried about the exhaust because I am installing Longtubes. My questions are is there another block off or anything on the back of the intake I need to know about? Also What do I do about the wiring that is hooked up to all of it? Is there a way to seperate it from the injector wiring or just leave it with the plug dangling. Also Are there any vacume lines that I can remove or will need to cap? Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my '99, there was nothing else to do. Just remove the all the EGR system and install necessary block-off plates/plug (if needed). For the wiring, I just tucked it back into the harness and electrical taped it really well where it isn't noticeable. It's right there next to the PCV valve. I figured no point in hacking up the harness when there is such an easy fix.

For the AIR, same thing. Remove the AIR pump and hoses. Install block-off plates (if needed), and tape up the connections and maybe zip tie them out of the way.

No vacuum lines that I remember. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LCTA
On my '99, there was nothing else to do. Just remove the all the EGR system and install necessary block-off plates/plug (if needed). For the wiring, I just tucked it back into the harness and electrical taped it really well where it isn't noticeable. It's right there next to the PCV valve. I figured no point in hacking up the harness when there is such an easy fix.

For the AIR, same thing. Remove the AIR pump and hoses. Install block-off plates (if needed), and tape up the connections and maybe zip tie them out of the way.

No vacuum lines that I remember. Good luck!
Same thing I did!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great! Thats exactly what I was wanting to hear. Thanks guys