General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

new lt1 crank, no start issues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default new lt1 crank, no start issues.

okay guys, well i'm still having issues with my car cranking, but will not actually start.

i have 45lbs of fuel pressure, new opti, i'm getting spark from both the coil and the distributor at the plugs, noid lights confirmed that i'm getting absolutely no pulse at the injector harness, and with a multimeter, i'm not even getting a constant 12v at the injector harness w/ key on. opti pigtail is getting the 5v at two of the wires. and i'm getting 12 at the coil/icm harness at several points. Pcmforless tune deleting vats,egr,air, etc. and i'm getting nothing at the injectors. if i provide fuel for the motor through the intake it will start, and run for a few moments until that fuel is burned up. i'm absolutely stumped. the car will crank and crank, but will not actually fire up and run on it's own.

needless to say, help guys.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you testing the injector voltage with just the key on? if so, you need to crank it while testing otherwise, you will get 0 volts. The best way to test is with a noid light that connect to the harness, and a lightbulb with either flash along with the injector pulse if power is present. of no flash or voltage is still detected, then its posible with wiring for that harness is not right somewhere.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, if you dont have a noid light, you can use a 194 lightbulb we have in our side markers. you can pull the wires on the lightbulb down, and put one wire on one terminal, and one on the other. it will flash the same as a noid light

Last edited by 98pontiac; 08-19-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: incomplete thought.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 98pontiac
Are you testing the injector voltage with just the key on? if so, you need to crank it while testing otherwise, you will get 0 volts. The best way to test is with a noid light that connect to the harness, and a lightbulb with either flash along with the injector pulse if power is present. of no flash or voltage is still detected, then its posible with wiring for that harness is not right somewhere.
Originally Posted by 98pontiac
oh, if you dont have a noid light, you can use a 194 lightbulb we have in our side markers. you can pull the wires on the lightbulb down, and put one wire on one terminal, and one on the other. it will flash the same as a noid light
Noid lights do not flash or anything when connected to harness and engine is turned over. there should be a constant 12v power at the injector harness w/ key on though. the pcm grounds out each injector to enable it to spray fuel. i am not getting a noid light to do anything, and my multimeter reads 0v at the injector harness, correct me if i'm wrong.