General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP with my daily please. 97 park avenue passkey 3 issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with my daily please. 97 park avenue passkey 3 issues

recently I picked up a 97 park avernue with a bad motor and put a motor in it. got a nice deal have 1000 bucks total in the car with everything. Anyways I got it running and noticed the security light was on. I dissmised it and drove it around a week with no issues. One day I started it up and noticed the sercurity light did not stay on. The next morning I go to leave for work and it wouldn't do anything. It has the pk3 on the key so its a passkey 3 system. Now i know that people with the earlier systems have been able to solder a resistor in but can you do that with pk3? We have checked everything from starter conections to all fuses. We can crank the starter over by juming the leads on the starter but it wont fire. Fuel pressure gage shows full pressure on startup but suddenly goes away. We have determinded it to be a issue with the passkey. Can it be tunned out of the pcm? Whats the best way to bypass it? What about the bypass modules? Need some options please and hoping to find someone with experience with this issue. Thanks alot