General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A few issues I'm having with my 2002 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few issues I'm having with my 2002 SS

I'm having a few issues I'd like to maybe resolve with my 2002 Camaro SS with an A4 transmission. I'm hoping you guys may be able to help me out.

1) Car squeaks badly after driving about 20 miles. It's coming from the front end. I am assuming it's shocks, but would like to know if it could be anything else. Doesn't happen immediately, but usually around 20 miles. The car has 80,000 miles on it. It has the Bilstein shocks which I believe are stock and an Eibach Pro Lowering Kit.

2) Car has a thud noise coming from the rear end when ever I give it gas and let off. Does not sound like it is coming from underneath of me like I hear a lot of fourth gen guys say. So I don't think it's my trans mount, but I could be wrong. Sounds more like the rear. I don't feel anything in the car, but I do hear it.

3) The car also has this very high pitched noise that I for the life of me can not pin point. Sounds like it is coming from the rear, but I can't be sure. It is a very high pitched rattle. It happen when I hit the gas periodically while in gear. Not sure what it could be, but it is annoying. I've asked a few guys if they could hear it and 1 out of 5 said they could. So I'm hoping everything is fine and I just have canine like hearing, lol.

Gentlemen any help with these issues would be much appreciated.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Shock can cause your front end squeak, but I'd look more toward control arm or sway bar bushings.

2. Look at the tranny mount first (looking is free!), and then look at all of the rear end components (LCA's, panhard rod etc) to see if something has a dead bushing or is loose.

3. Rear hatch, maybe?