General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vibration in steering wheel when turning hard left, rough idle and bog after startup

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration in steering wheel when turning hard left, rough idle and bog after startup

Alright, I have two issues that I'm pretty sure I know the problems of, but wanted to run it by you guys.

1. When slowly turning 90 degrees left (parking lot, leaving parking space) the steering wheel vibrates and so does the brake pedal. I'm thinking the steering linkage going to the rack is worn out.

2. For the first ~5 minutes after startup the idle is rough, and when I'm driving the car will start to bog down. I give it gas and it starts stuttering but keeps the same rpms. After a couple seconds it will clear up, pick up speed as I give it gas and for the duration of my driving trip everything is fine. I did the seafoam trick about 10k miles ago.

Plugs and wires were changed about 20k miles ago, k&n air filter recently cleaned, never cleaned the maf so I'll do that after this weekend. Haven't checked the fuel pressure as I don't have a gauge.

Last edited by tripps; 09-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have some info on what might be my culprit?

Quick Reply: Vibration in steering wheel when turning hard left, rough idle and bog after startup