General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 C5 won't start. Battery is good but keep hearing relays clicking in fuse panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 C5 won't start. Battery is good but keep hearing relays clicking in fuse panel

I am having some technical issues I think but not sure where to look. This past Monday it was pouring down rain and I drove about 5 miles to the store and back for gas. Didn't drive through any high water anywhere but I went out to start my car and it was like the battery is dead or low but when I turn the key off I heard relay's clicking. I checked and #37 (monitor ld) and another one across on the other side I think 42 but same type repay in fuse panel in passenger floor board. So I was able to jump start it from another vehicle after running it to help charge the c5 battery and it was real sluggish and sounded like it wasn't gonnna start but finally did. So I drove it around to charge battery was charging at 13.5 or so on gauge and then when I got back I turned it off and checked it to see and it wouldn't start doing the same thing. So I've been charging the battery for a day but still does same thing and battery reads 12 volts with my meter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And I checked and all the lights even hood light are shutting off.
Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not putting a load on a battery, you're not testing it. Pull it out, take it up to get tested and be ready to buy one.

It's not the voltage you're looking for, it's amperage.

Quick Reply: 2000 C5 won't start. Battery is good but keep hearing relays clicking in fuse panel