General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

blown fuses, SES multiple codes, bad wiring? help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry blown fuses, SES multiple codes, bad wiring? help.

i need to figure out what is wrong with my car. as of a month ago my engine sensor fuse blew, which makes it difficult to get it into reverse and also makes skip-shift nonexistant. if i replace the fuse it will blow the next time i start the car. plus i went through emissions the other day and failed, the paper said 4 bad 02 sensors, MAF sensor, and the skip shift code. ive read a lot about all these being on the same circuit, and about 02s grounding out on exhaust making all of this happen. i have checked the 02s and everything but i dont see anything wrong. i also read about a couple other guys who had the same problem but they found bad wiring by the shock tower, or above the tranny. no luck though, are there other certain wires that are prone to go bad or anything else? thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Launching!

I havnt heard of any wires prone to failure. Just so you dont replace all the 02 sensors, when the emissions gives you a paper with 4 02 sensor codes, that does not mean the 02 sensor are bad. Do not replace them. There are many different 02 codes. "02 slow response" 02 " heater circuit" 02 "lean" 02 "rich"..... Sounds to mean with it coupled with the MAF code, that your engine is probably running lean. Are the 02 codes indicating lean? If you have a vaccum leak an oxegen sensor will pick up on it. Even an exhaust leak can cause an 02 sensor code to trip. both the 02s and the MAF are reading the amount of air. MAF read the air entering the engine, and the 02s read it going out. do you know more specifics on the trouble codes?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

my bad the paper only says 3 bad 02s. the paper from emissions says P0102, mass or volume air flow circuit low. P0141, P0155, P0161, all say 02 sensor heater circuit. then P0803 skip shift solenoid control circuit. im bringing my car to this guy that works on my friends foxbody, and i guess be builds 9 second cars in his freetime. so hopefully well be able to figure it out tomorrow. ive read in a couple other threads with guys that have the same problem that they found a bad wire above the tranny and by the shock tower. after i bring it to the guy tomorrow ill update on what we find out or fix.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Please let me know what you find out. I just had this happen to me as well and I replaced the fuse and the light will not go off.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

havin the same problem here

Quick Reply: blown fuses, SES multiple codes, bad wiring? help.