General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

brake light/asr off

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default brake light/asr off

i know this has been adressed over and over on here but maybe i'm just paranoid but mine seems diff....a cpl months ago i put weight jacks in the rear springs to lift the the rear some..shortly after my traction turned off and remained off all by its own, this was no big deal because it just meant i wouldnt have to turn it off all the time which was good but i still looked over everything to makes sure things were all good and didnt notice anything wrong...a few weeks later i had the abs inop light pop on a cpl times but then nothing again.....a cpl weeks ago my brake warning light came on right after playing around under the console to put the harness in for powerseats...now not sure if this was just a coincident or not but thats when it came on....my brakes seem fine viually and physically...the fluid is fine and no braking problems....so in short my traction off and brake light is on at all times solid...abs inop light has not come backon but does work when you first turn the key...only thing i havent checked yet is the actual brake lights to make sure they are all working....also seem to have a slight voltage issue and when i tap the brake petal the rpms dip a little and have low voltage at idle so my alt is prob on the way out ....sorry long post just trying to get as much info out as possible
Old 09-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if only the red brake light is illuminated (without the abs light also on) there is only two things that will make that light come on.... low brake fluid, and e-brake on... Since you said you were in the center console. I am assuming it has to do with the parking brake... Is it on partially?? your post is a little confusing of what lights are on and what the symptoms are.. I would put your ride high back to normal though! You are changing all your alignment angles when you raise the vehicle up. your camber angles become more positive and can result in outside tire wear. Unless youve already had the car aligned since.... you might even be stretching an ABS wire by lifting it up...
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its got a heavy system in the back so with the weight jacks its riding about where an empty back would be with new stock springs...(had a set of air bags in the springs to give it the lift but after blowing out a total of 3 of them on nyc roads i went the rought of the jacks intead to get the extra couple inches i needed).....first my trac off light came on(it is always off now which i suppose isnt a bad thing except that its not suppose to work like that) then my brake light came on and wont turn off....just wondering if my speed sensors are shot in the rear could this cause these lights?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so both the brake and track lights are on? I would take a look and make sure they are plugged in still, Or, If the harness broke. There should be a plug in the back of each bearing. those wires are flimsy, and are easy to brake, tear, and cut.