General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight problems, but not motors this time...

Old 10-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight problems, but not motors this time...

So besides the fact that headlights on the bird not being the best to begin with, I got some other issues..
First off, my "low beams", I don't even think I'd consider them "beams", dont project any light, they just sort of REALLY dim "glow", and if your not directly in front of them you can't really tell they're on.
Second off, when I switch from low to high beams, drivers side high's work fine,but the passenger side lights(high/low) go completely out.
I've checked the wires/connections and everything seems fine, any ideas/suggestions. Fogs work nice though...I guess I could just drive around with those...Afterall they are brighter than the high/lows combined. Killed my battery last night trying to figure out whats going on...LOL
Oh ya, and my front turn signals don't work either...
Thanks ahead of time, any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If the two problems are related, you may have a bad ground on that side of the car.

Other things to check is the connector at the headlight motor. Your lights go through this connector and they are notorious for getting corroded. You'll need a voltage tester to trace where the problems are.

Search this Thread