General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blinkers Just Turn On But Won't Flash. WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinkers Just Turn On But Won't Flash. WTF?

My blinkers on my 99 T/A have been slowing down over the past couple weeks and now they just turn on. When I hit the turn signal for both right at left, the lights remain steadily on and don't flash. I checked the fuses by the driver side door and they're all good. Also, the emergency flashers work just fine and flash intermittently like normal. I also tried searching the site but couldn't find the solution.

Do you guys know whats causing this? I wanna get this fixed asap because its super annoying to have to manually "blink" the turn signals by moving the lever up and down rapidly

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The filaments in your bulbs are bad.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the flasher unit. Located under the steering wheel center panel. 'Bout ten bux from Auto Bone.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 87gnx
Sounds like the flasher unit. Located under the steering wheel center panel. 'Bout ten bux from Auto Bone.
That sounds about right man, thanks! To the other poster, Cant be the bulbs cause they all work and they work when the emergency flashers are on.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

ahh my camaro is doing the same thing, ive replaced all the fuses bulbs and everything. ill deff have to try getting that box
Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87gnx
x2

look for a clip on the right side behind the knee panel, the Hazard flasher is on the left. Be sure you get the correct flasher.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Launching!

When my front/left blinker bulb went bad, the blinker would come on and not blink (to clarify, the rear blinker would come on and internal signal indicator would come on, but the front/left blinker would not come on). Replacing the bulb fixed it.

When inspecting the bulbs up front, keep in mind that 1) there are two bulbs under the amber cover for each side and 2) both lights can come on under the amber cover, but the blinker portion out. Doing a cursory check, you could think that since the amber lights come on for both sides, it's not the bulb, but that's not necessarily correct.

Your case doesn't sound like it could be bulb though on if all 4 are blinking when the hazzards are on.

Last edited by vtirocz; 10-18-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Blinkers Just Turn On But Won't Flash. WTF?