General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Please

Ok heres the story, several months ago my car developed a higher than normal idle and a noticeable miss when warmed up, at the time I didn't pay much mind to it as my drive to work was longer with very little stop and go so I blew it off.
Since i've moved back into the city my drive is shorter but with stop and go traffic it has become worse and the fuel consumption has gotten really bad, in the morning it's not noticeable at all (usually) but on my way home it's more prominant.
I'm thinking the differance in temp from early AM to late PM when the sun is out and the car gets hotter ???
In the last 2 weeks I have installed new plugs and wires which got rid of most of the miss, new PCV valve and found the Y union to be rotted behind the intake so I fixed that, removed the IAC valve and cleaned it, removed throttle body and cleaned it, cleaned the MAF (just sprayed not touched), air filter is clean and has not been touched in many months.
I have sprayed starting fluid, carb cleaner and brake clean along every nook and crevace of the intake, brake booster, air pump lines, vacuume lines, inlet piping to MAF, TB and related sensors, pretty much the entire engine and with the car running pushed and pulled on the intake TB, MAF, hoses ETC and I cannot find any leaks.
I have unplugged the MAF and IAC turned the ignition on for a few min to reset them and I still have the problem.
I am at my wit's end and getting more grey hair trying to figure out this problem, I know that higher Idle is more air coming in, but from where ??? I think I have exhausted all my options as to where to look and test.
The car is not flashing any SES, MIL etc codes and I have scanned for any pending codes and my scanner will not do real time, not that I know what to look for if it did.
can you guys point me in another direction of where / what to look for ??

Any and all help or Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time
Bill