Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
so, pulled the battery....appears there is liquid on the positive terminal that came from the positive spot on the battery....i soaked the area with baking soda/water...lots of sizzlin!!! So it's def battery acid....I then sprayed everything with water after soaked with baking soda.....battery is being discarded for a new one....I hope I got everything....From the spill...looks like it just exploded one day.....I noticed the white marks on my cement last week....Anything else????
Yes. Even though it looks all clean of acid.....get that spray foam that eats acid away and dissolves it and neutralizes it. Spray the **** out of everything, underneath the battery tray, everywhere.....if one tiny bit is still there it'll keep eating the metal up.
I got a 7yr AC Delco battery.....thats a long 100% warranty man. And the battery is a POWERHOUSE. I leave my stereo (1,000 watt amp) cranking pretty good for 2-3 hours while I polish my car and it does absolutely nothing to it.....cranks right up like normal.
Can't remember exactly, its posted here somewhere, I think it was around $100.00 with my old core trade in.