General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need some help please, my car is possessed

Old 11-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help please, my car is possessed

Today I went to start my car (02 WS6 m6) pushed the clutch, turned the key dash lit up radio came on and my antenna even came up. But it didn't turn over or even attempt to, and not a sound came from under the hood. So I opened it up not sure what I was gonna see and cranked it again and nothing still. So I closed the hood resolved to go borrow a code reader tried once once more and it fired right up. I have no idea except maybe a relay got stuck and my hood slamming did the trick. But other than that I got nothing. Anybody got some advice cause I don't want this to end up being a bigger problem than a fluke
Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tighten your battery connections....I had the exact same problem but it was slamming my drivers door that did the trick....after a month of looking like an idiot opening and closing my door trying to get it to start I found the battery ground 1/4 loose. enough for everything else to work but not enough current flow for the alternator.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

When ever you tried to turn it over did it drag everything down (powerwise)? If so, then yes check for corrosion or loose connections on battery. If not, I'm guessing your problem is more in a relay or starter.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Sorry for a late reply but my battery cables are tight boa279 and Z it didn't drag power down so my battery is good. It hasn't done it again so I think a relay got frozen open if that's possible, it has been pretty cold here lately.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably your starter going bad. For a cheap try, you can replace the starter relay and see if that fixes it if you don't know how to diagnose a bad starter. You might get lucky.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

check the resistance on your key pellet. go to radio shack and make a resistor pack wih that same resistance give or take10ohms. follow the orange tubed wire going down the steering column and plug the resistor pack into the back of the plug. try to start.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

^explanation. the anti-theft module has to receive a certain amount of resistance from the pellet in the key. the sensors either intermittantly or totally go bad on these early systems. so by bypassing the key, youre tricking the anti-theft module.

Search this Thread