General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bad ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad ignition?

I know this will sound odd but listen to the history.

I bought the car about 4 months ago and since the cold weather has started I have been having some issues with the car.

1) first my turn signals would not work and the A/C would not work at the same time.

2) I replaced the signal flasher and the signals and A/C worked for about 30 seconds and it stopped.

3) I checked relays and it doesn't change anything.

4) Now I have a reverse light that goes bad but the bulb looks legit and not blown.

5) Now a few days ago, my dad suggests that it could be the ignition swith and messes with the ignition and things start to work. Then goes on/off/on/off/on, you get the picture.

6) I now begin to mess with the ignition and turn it to where the car just about turns off and the ignition stops. everything works (minus the reverse light) until i mess with the ignition again or turn off the car.

So my question is, do you think this is the ignition switch? or do i have issues elsewhere?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the really fun ones to diagnose but from the sounds of it, you seem to be on the right track. I would try messing with the switch a little more to see if you can get it to act up and then fix itself. You have a bunch of random things not working all at the same time which could very well mean your ignition switch is going bad.