General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

do I have a broken throttle cable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do I have a broken throttle cable?

Ive been doing extensive repairs include ls6 pcv mod, intake re-seal (fast 90) and a ton of others....recently I put my nick williams 90mm throttle body back on the manifold and when I hooked up the cable it the throttle blade was open slightly. I pressed it with my finger and it shut but when I opened it did not close completely again. With the cable off it closes perfectly. The battery is disconnected because of all the work and it seems it might have something to do with the traction control. I can close the throttle body completly by turning the traction control by hand but then I noticed something else....one of the cables from the traction control that goes across the top of the intake seems to be broken. There is a connection of some sort in the middle of the cable and it appears as if the cable on one side is moving in and out of this connector.

I had no issues before starting the repairs so Im wondering if just applying power is required. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

As far as the blade not closing, i also had the same problem a few months ago. Where i think you'll find your answer is if you follow the cable from the TB back you'll see this little guy. Should be right about your passenger valve cover.

Open him up and you can adjust how far forward and back the cable sits. I just had to re-adjust mine back to where it was comfortable.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Is there a clip / cover for it?

Mine seems to be missing.

Also - I bought a brand new throttle cable with no TC. Can I connect this throttle cable even though I have the TC option? For what it's worth, the TC has been disabled.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Found my problem....im a ra-tard. There were two places I could put it on my nick williams 90mm and I obviously chose the wrong one....no problem now