General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas?

about 2 weeks ago i installed pacesetter lt's new wires and plugs , and the tsp rumbler x system . i also bought o2 extensions .

I deleted the egr and air systems . but havent taken it to a tune shop to get them taken out

heres the problem , the car wont stay at idle ( 800 rpms) but it moves around from 400-1300 . but it wont stall out , just wont stay steady . also while going down the road , at WOT around 3500 - to revline the car backfires , and keeps backfiring until i let off the gas , and also studders or boggs while barely keeping on the gas to a steady rpm going down the road no matter which gear im in.

i plugged in my hypertech and pulled the codes , i got p0140 and 160 the rear o2's and p0405 for the egr , im guessing this is the code it will throw since i pulled the egr out .

does anyone know what this could be ? im guessing it could be spark plugs or the wires not being installed correctly , ill check that tomm, could it be the coils? i just wondering if anyone could throw some pointers out .

thank you
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

I would imagine it's going to run like crap until you get it tuned
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Teching In

check your spark plugs, mine had a similar issue after i did same mods you did and one had a hairline crack making it run rough
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Teching In

i understand that it'll run like crap until its tuned , but running like crap as in not gettin full HP like i should , or misfiring and backfiring like it is?

it is canned tuned but that probobally doesnt help at all

i will hopefully be checking my spark plugs tonight ,