General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car misfires - Codes p0300 and p0175

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car misfires - Codes p0300 and p0175

97 lt1 with CAI and catback had been idling a little weird for the last 3 weeks and needing to crank maybe 5-7 seconds to start. Other than that it seemed fine. I hadn't changed the fuel filter in 50k miles so I was thinking maybe it's just a little messed up. I was planning on fixing it and then...

Yesterday I start her up on a cold start, the car runs kind of weak but ok. I get to a stoplight with the car still cold, and all hell breaks loose. SES light flashes, and car struggles to live while idling. I give it a bit of gas and it seems... better. I at least get her home but now she's going straight into **** mode on start.

I have EFI Live scanner but I'm noob with it, I haven't used it to change any settings. It's showing codes p0300 Random Cyl Misfire and p0175 Fuel too Rich (bank 2).

The plugs, wires, and opti have like 30k on them. Factory MAF. The car just recently turned over 100k (of course).

Friend said might be fuel pressure regulator. Primed the engine and checked the vac line, no gas. ideas?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Just for anyone who was curious, it turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator. Also, removing the fuel rails makes the job a HELL of a lot easier.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

How did you end up diagnosing it?

Quick Reply: Car misfires - Codes p0300 and p0175