General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Keyless entry problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry problem

Ok, to start things off I just had a six speed swap put in my 02 Z28. Now, I have no keyless entry, thought it might be the battery but I bought another one and it didn't fix the problem. Is there a certain way to reset the anti theft, I believe that because the battery had to be taken in and out a few times(bad flywheel) I believe the problem might have come from that.

Well I have read a little on a thread saying that might cause your keyless entry not to work, but I didn't see how to reset the anti-theft or whatever to make the remote work again. Searched for a hour almost, and couldn't find the right answer. Thanks in advance for any help or insight.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know to reset the anti theft for the radio , I was told it needs to be done at the dealership. The keyless might have to be done the same way.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to reprogram your keyless remote to the car follow this procedure.

-Remove the Radio fuse in the lower corner of your fuse panel inside the car (There's two radio fuses, the one in the bottom corner is the right now).
-Insert the key and cycle the key three times, ending in the "ON" position. The door locks should cycle indicating that the vehicle is in program mode.
-with your keyless remote, hold the unlock and lock buttons, then release and hold the lock button.
-The door locks will cycle indicating that programming was successful. Turn the Key off and you are done.

Hope this helps.