General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car keep dying

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car keep dying

I have had an issue for a while. I jumped my battery in my car the other day and went to start in couple hours later, it wouldnt start.. The battery is less than 7 months old. The volts in the car are showing 13+. I dont have anything hooked up that i know of to draw power away from the battery.. How can i fix this problem. I took it to autozone and they did the scan and said nothing was wrong. But i just dont know. I need help. What to look for.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gotta be me more descriptive.

Your thread title says car keep dying, but your post makes it seem like you have problems just starting the car from time to time.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:36 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So when you're cranking you get a normal crank right, not slow or anything? Well Vato-zone did check the battery so that's probably good. When you turn your key to the ON position do you hear the fuel pump coming on?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

i i get the car running after a jump it runs fine, but after i let it sit for a couple of hours or the next day it wont start. I turn it over and it clicks clicks. i stop and try it again and it has a slight click click very faint. like the battery is dead. And the third time to start it after the first two, nothing no click or nothing. The battery is a everlast and a buddy says those batterys suck so i just may need to get a new one. Took it to autozone and they said the battery is severly drained..
Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep see if you have warranty n get it replaced.

I get my battery replaced every other year under warranty, no matter if its bad or not.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Yep see if you have warranty n get it replaced.

I get my battery replaced every other year under warranty, no matter if its bad or not.
HAHA i like this.....Yea its probably the battery or also check your connections at the battery. Sounds like a battery though. I have had many customers claim that autozone or advanced auto "said the battery was good" and the battery turn out bad.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

could be the battery, but i'd pull both the battery and the alternator out and have them both checked.