General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is there a way to tighten the door seal ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Is there a way to tighten the door seal ??

Over 140 mph the window blows right off the seal. Even through car washes the spray gets inside and splashes me in the face and gets through on the drivers side too.

Any way to tighten the window inwards??
Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you take off the wheel well, you can get up to the door hinge bolts. If you push the door in towards the car a bit, it may help - but you'l need to realign the door and fender if you do this. The door is the only adjustment you can do - nothing on the window itself.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

The window is completely adjustable, http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html you can easily tilt it in or any other adjustment you need. I'm not sure why wssix99 posted what he did??????? DO NOT mess with the door hinges!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by O2Form
The window is completely adjustable, http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html you can easily tilt it in or any other adjustment you need. I'm not sure why wssix99 posted what he did??????? DO NOT mess with the door hinges!
Thank you so much ! I did tighten my windows on my c4 corvette I figured the camaro must have it. Sadly all I have previously read led me to believe the adjustment isn't there on a 4th gem.