General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Drivers seat actuator stuck in the up position

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drivers seat actuator stuck in the up position

I have no clue why but all of a sudden the front actuators for the drivers seat on my 99 TA are stuck in the up position leaving my seat front raised up which is very uncomfortable. When I hit the switch while my hand is on the actuator motor I can feel it "jump" but nothing happens. The back 2 work just fine.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

That sounds like a gear grinding or popping out of position. Time to take the seat out and look underneath to see what is going on.

When you put the seat back - be sure to torque the nuts properly with a torque wrench.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
That sounds like a gear grinding or popping out of position. Time to take the seat out and look underneath to see what is going on.

When you put the seat back - be sure to torque the nuts properly with a torque wrench.
Thanks. Do you know where I'd find the torque specs for the seat bolts ?
Old 03-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Try signing up for Autozone.com or something like that. They may give them to you in their service sections. The Factory Service Manuals (3 book set) are great for things like this. They have all the torque specs, diagrams, and procedures for removal and replacement of all the parts on the car.

Autozone.com recently added the electrical schematics from the official Factory Service Manuals but I don't know if they have gained the rights or if they are publishing any of the other information.

Quick Reply: Drivers seat actuator stuck in the up position