General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Brake Lights Will Not Turn Off

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Lights Will Not Turn Off

I am trying to figure out the problem. My brake lights will not turn off. Even after I completely turn the car off and pull the key out, the brake lights just stay on. I pulled the fuse out so that my battery wouldn't drain until I could fix the problem. That is the only way they turn off. I replaced the brake light switch down by the pedal but to no avail. I'm confused. Anyone know what the problem might be?
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

the switch by the brake pedal is stuck. I had that happen on a toyota, not expensive and easy to change.
As you push the pedal it touches a switch. that switch sticks and it will stay on
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
the switch by the brake pedal is stuck. I had that happen on a toyota, not expensive and easy to change.
As you push the pedal it touches a switch. that switch sticks and it will stay on
hehe, thats why i put in my 1st post that I had already put a new brake pedal switch in So, if for some reason that isnt the problem, are there any other things it could be?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever find the fix? My car just decided to do this late last night. I am about to go look at it and see if I can fix it.