General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hatch cover bushing annoyance.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hatch cover bushing annoyance.

Has anyone come up with any ideas on replacing those worthless hatch cover plastic bushings that always fall apart? Every time I flip the cover up to clean the trunk, or take things out the bushingless thing flops around and/or pops out of its mounting spots. Sure, it'd be easy to just buy a cover with the bushings still intact, but they're gonna just go and break down the road again. The only thing I'm good at working with is wood, and that's a horrible material to make those out of. So, anyone ever come up with a quality fix for these or am I the only one that is really bugged by even the smallest broken thing?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

What the hell are you talking about?

You mean the plastic things on the ends of the cargo cover.

The passenger side has a flat in it, if yours pops out when you flip it up you need to take some pliers and turn the plastic thing so the flats won't let it. Move the flats to a different position.

My car didn't have that cargo divider when I got it and the one I bought for it had a broken plastic piece. I just used some pliers to wiggle one off another car with a different color interior. Theres a metal rod that goes through the bottom of the thing that these plastic pieces pres fit onto.

Is that what you're talking about?

Last edited by Jays_SSZ28; 01-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that cargo divider piece. Never really had a name for it. The problem is that the black plastic pieces are completely broken off. The ones at the junkyard are in the same or similar shape with missing or half broken pieces.