General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

T/A fog light removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A fog light removal

I was going to post this question in the "appearance" section, but I figured the noob area gets more than enough exposure.

Anyhow, tonight I was helping a buddy convert his fogs over to hids. We found out that apparently he has the original bulbs still. We couldn't get the bulbs out due to severe corrosion at the back of the housing. The provisions have distorted over time, enough to just let the bulbs spin freely and not releasing them. Also his lens are cracked, so we decided that new fog housings are in order.
So, what is the proper way to remove the whole housing? Just through a quick observation, I concluded that they won't simply slide forward due to the bracket width. Nor will they just slide out the back due to the support. I didn't take notice right off whether or not if the bracket can be removed from the housing while still mounted. Is this going to require removing the whole bumper just to get them out?

TIA
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no just loosen the bottom of the bumper, then take a 10mm and undo the 2 bolts that hold your fog light bracket on and the bumper moves forward just enough for the hole assembly to come down. there is a write up on it