General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

weird things happening after new battery install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird things happening after new battery install

this is weird to me, but i put a new battery in the car last night after i put a new battery in it and everything was fine. probably started the car 5 or 6 times last night. well this morning i crank it up to go to work and it starts surging and the check engine light went off. also the mile in tripometer were still there. my car has never kept the miles in the tripometer after i start it up. i turned it back off and cranked it back it up and no more surging, but still has miles and no ses light. drove all the way to work which is about 25 miles and it did fine and still no ses light. tonight it ran fine, but still kept the tripometer miles saved, but the ses light was back on.

the ses light is still on from my header install.

anyhow, any idea what this?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Take the car for a drive on the highway and see if the problem corrects itself. When you disconnect the battery, the PCM needs to re-learn the engine settings, etc. You have to drive a certain speed for a certain time for all that to happen.

That being said, you shouldn't get a SES light in this situation. You may have a sensor, etc. on the edge. You should scan the car for codes and see what's going on.