General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HVAC temp control knob

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HVAC temp control ****

The temp control **** (middle HVAC control panel ****) in a 98-02 TA is different form the temp control **** in a 93-97 TA and it is difficult to find once it finally cracks. The **** on my '98 TA is cracked and I had a very difficult time finding the correct ****. While I was at the local U-pull-it yard today, I scored a temp control **** from a Grand Am. It is a good fit - except - the engineers added a small tab at the base of the plactic sleave that prevents it from fitting flush in the Trans Am. It has a clear red plastic material that is very hard. But, after 10-15 minutes of careful shaving the small tab with a razor blade, it fits in the TA perfectly. The **** is slightly different in appearance. But, it is barely noticable and I think the clear red plastic is much more durable than the white crack-prone material on the back of the original ****. I hope this info helps someone.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you take a picture of the back of the Temperature control **** and one of the others? I tried pulling my Temp **** off the other day but it didn't seem to budge and i didn't want to force it!

I'm glad you at least found something to replace it for now!

Did you buy that HVAC control panel with *****?