General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

no spark and no fuel presure

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark and no fuel presure

I got a 1996 trans am ws6 that was a m6 but now a a4..I berly got the car not running .. At frist i thought it was the fuel pump and opti so i swap it out.. I get spark sometimes and fuel presure sometimes but then it cuts out for some reason.. I got a new key for the security as well .. Im thinking it has something to do with it but idk..I have it at the shop and the guy is having problems locating whats causing the short.. He check the harnes as well as the ing switch .. So mabe someone on here might have had the same problem and can help me out .. if you guys have have any ideas i wouldnt mind trying them .. Till this gets fix i cant drop my new 355 with my le1 set up in.. Thanks in advance..
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greenlanternws6
I get spark sometimes and fuel presure sometimes but then it cuts out for some reason..
This makes me think it is an electrical issue somewhere. How do you know you are only sometimes getting spark? It honestly sounds like there is a short somewhere. Check your wiring for the fuel pump since you just replaced it.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Well the mechanic has checked it with a muiltimeter and it shows it firing as well as the same as the fuel pump.. It shows fire then cuts out.. He checking the the whole harness it worse comes to worse i just might have him swap out the whole thing..The next thing hes trying is the ecm .. So i hope its that ..
Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

check your grounds. There's nothing seems to be wrong with any of the hardware like pump or opti. This is an electrical problem.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Exactly. Grounds first and then start thinking about the computer. Hey '408, you still getting that msifire/code?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey myk,

The code comes and goes. I'm gonna try cleaning the maf when the its not 14* outside again. We had 41* one day and poof winter shows up again and I'm dealing retarded cops that wrote me a second summons in less than 24 hours for tints in the same spot. Freggin hate this city sometimes lol. NYC is so damn broke, the lights are turned off on highways.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Teching In

All the grounds are good ..He fixed some wires that went on the key switch as well so now about to get a new pcm needed anyways for a tune..