General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Metal shavings after ls6 valley install

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal shavings after ls6 valley install

I have a 1998 TA so I had to notch the engine block. I covered everything up really good before cutting, I used a mini air saw to cut the aluminum. The metal shavings were Extremely fine and they seem to of went flying pretty good. I cleaned it up best I can but want to see what you guys would do to ensure they dont damage anything. After cleaning up everything really good I sprayed brake clean and made sure everything was clean then drained the oil and filled it up with fresh oil again! anything else you guys would reccomend? The shavings were so fine they were almost invisible but just want to do everything possible to clean it up. thanks for the input everyone
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like you did everything you could..as long as you sealed it all up, then cleaned it up before uncovering, you should be good to go. If you are really worried that some might have gotten in run the car for about 15 minutes and while warm change the oil again, thats really all you can do.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I am going to do! Buy some cheap oil run it for a bit to warm it up and then do a fresh oil change. I figure that should do the trick. thanks again