General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Mopar Combustion Cleaner Picture

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mopar Combustion Cleaner Picture

I know this has been talked about a million times on here, but i would like to share with you what i came across monday at work. Customer had a 2003 Chrysler TC 3.8 with 120k on it. Somebody tried tuning the thing up, but used the wrong plugs,and had the wires all mixed up. I sold a tune up and a fuel service (TB clean,Injector clean and a MCCC). I had the van running perfect, on my test drive i started to hear a rapping noise and the CEL came on. all of a sudden bang! #5 intake valve spring broke!

So when i ripped everything thing apart i took a quick pic of #3 intake valve to prove how awesome MCCC is. I use this all the time at work, I have sworn by this stuff for years. now everyone can see the results!
Attached Thumbnails Mopar Combustion Cleaner Picture-mccc1.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who is going to get the bill for the damage?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Mopar combustion chamber cleaner is the best in my opinion. The Mopar rust penetrant is great stuff too, i like how it foams up and it always seem to be able to free everything. im a firm believer in Mopar products (i'll probably get shunned from LS1Teach now) lol
Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I realise im in the minority when I say this but the 1 time I used this I got a misfire code and it took out my o2s. I used seafoam probly 5 times on this car before and never had a problem. Used seafoam on all my other cars without a problem. Maybe this time was just bad luck and o2s could have been on their way out who knows.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Not to jack the thread, but I took a trip to the local MOPAR dealer to get some MCCC, but they didn't have any in the aerosol like you find on YouTube. They only had cans with a threaded top-require a machine to use. How can this be? What's the best way to get MCCC?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2X Vote

Originally Posted by SteelCityFBody
Mopar combustion chamber cleaner is the best in my opinion. The Mopar rust penetrant is great stuff too, i like how it foams up and it always seem to be able to free everything. im a firm believer in Mopar products (i'll probably get shunned from LS1Teach now) lol
FYI - My Step-father is a GM certified Master Mechanic (in all areas!) and HE recommends MCCC - Yeah, the stuff is that good. He said the GM stuff works too, but not as good at the Mopar variety.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I realise im in the minority when I say this but the 1 time I used this I got a misfire code and it took out my o2s. I used seafoam probly 5 times on this car before and never had a problem. Used seafoam on all my other cars without a problem. Maybe this time was just bad luck and o2s could have been on their way out who knows.
The 5 times you used SeaFoam....nothing got clean and nothing got blown out through the exhaust. When you used the MCCC you loosened up a ton if **** and that gummed up the 02 sensors. BUT....your top end got nice and clean..........

Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TaterSS
I know this has been talked about a million times on here, but i would like to share with you what i came across monday at work. Customer had a 2003 Chrysler TC 3.8 with 120k on it. Somebody tried tuning the thing up, but used the wrong plugs,and had the wires all mixed up. I sold a tune up and a fuel service (TB clean,Injector clean and a MCCC). I had the van running perfect, on my test drive i started to hear a rapping noise and the CEL came on. all of a sudden bang! #5 intake valve spring broke!

So when i ripped everything thing apart i took a quick pic of #3 intake valve to prove how awesome MCCC is. I use this all the time at work, I have sworn by this stuff for years. now everyone can see the results!
Nice and clean. I've been trying to tell people for years....its the suspended foam of the MCCC that does the work, because it stays there, expands while its sitting and soaking, and eats away the build-up. SeaFoam fluid blasts right through the engine and thats it, it has no time in there to clean anything. whatever does stay in there when the engine is shut down falls right to the bottom wherever it is and sits there. And it only touches the back two cylinders anyway.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
The 5 times you used SeaFoam....nothing got clean and nothing got blown out through the exhaust. When you used the MCCC you loosened up a ton if **** and that gummed up the 02 sensors. BUT....your top end got nice and clean..........

Holy hell it only took you 8 months to answer you slacker

Well I know that the seafoam must of cleaned something with all that smoke. Maybe just not as good as mccc I guess huh?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Holy hell it only took you 8 months to answer you slacker

Well I know that the seafoam must of cleaned something with all that smoke. Maybe just not as good as mccc I guess huh?
LOL.........I never actually saw this thread before. Back from the dead.

The smoke show from SeaFoam is basically from all the Seafoam thats pooled in the intake from that last dump of it into the brake booster line that stalls the engine. Its just sitting in the bottom of the intake waiting for the engine to be started. Then it slurps it up till its all gone....making the smoke show...

MCCC.....the foam....is all instantly sucked through and out the exhaust the second you start the engine...nothing remains.....the smoke from that is actually the dripping wet loosened up goop everywhere in the top end getting heated back up, combusted and blasted out the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Mopar Combustion Cleaner Picture