Originally Posted by jeffbab
I had a few too many beers last night and I forgot to take my battery charger off my car, as I was just getting things ready for my first drive of the spring.
I came back today and the garage was filled with rotten egg smell and the battery had water bubbling out of the top of it. I obviously overcharged it and it began to boil.
So I unplugged the charger and aired the place out. Luckily I caught it before it blew up.
So now I am wondering is it safe to start this car? Or should I just wait a couple days and go ahead and replace the battery.
Should my electronics be OK, since I didn't actually have the car running when it was overcharged? Or could I have fried my computer just by having it sit there for that long with the charger on it?
Kinda scared to start it up right now.
The PCM and electronics are fine.
I;'d replace it personally....but I see no reason why you can't crank it up right now.