General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0141

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0141

So the SES light popped up yesterday so I took my car to autozone, they read the code and according to the autozone code book one of my back 02s are loose, short in the sensor wiring, or the sensor is not warming up quickly enough. Before I start messing around I wanted some alternatives or some advice from someone who has experienced this code. I have used the search, and basically all of the different threads all recommend doing a pcm/idle reset before changing the sensor, but everyone had a different opinion on how to do the reset. Just want some 100% facts on this code or how to exactly do the reset.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Just from my experience (and from working at parts store before) never believe that dumb little machine. From what I have learned the sensors pretty much never go bad. They are just doing their job and sending an error message. Your cats are probably not working like they should anymore and the sensors aren't happy about it and are telling on you.

Solutions would be A...replace the cat, B...deal with the light, C...just get the rear o2s tuned out at PCM for less in Mooresville.

I would choose C as it is the most affordable option.

If you were in SC I would say F the cats lol.

Hope this helps some.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Haha thanks chase, the code has gone away again, I'm gonna do lts w/ cats this summer so I'm not too worried about it.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

cool. i see you didn't keep that slp loudmouth very long lol....was it not exactly how you expected it to be?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was okay but not awesome, I like my new set up a lot better. With lts it should sound amazing, if not ill keep searching lol

Quick Reply: P0141