General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Buying 95Z and need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Buying 95Z and need help

I have found a nice 95 z28 convertible 6speed, the exterior and interior look good with some minor use.. for that age.
The couple selling it, tells me that the fuel pump or regulator is bad.
They say it has been sitting for a while.. one said a few months and other sounded like 2 years. I couldn't hear them over the phone that well.
Its an older couple in their 60's that bought it a few years back and can't drive due to their age. They say that the engine was rebuilt prior to them buying it and it has 160k on it now. they put 30k on it.

So, I need assistance in finding a way that I can get the car running to hear and possibly a driving test.
This way I know that the entire drivetrain is ok.

I'm ok with a rebuild later on.. just would be nice to know prior to buying, that way I can get the price down a little.

Anyone have any ideas how I could do this within a short period of time when I get to the car?
Possible temporary tank and pump? Plugs, battery..

And any advice on what to look for in these models for things to check.

thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Sounds a bit sketchy to me with the odd information (30k invested wtf?), could be anything. Will never know till you check it out in person.

What are they asking for it?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by colinpd137
Sounds a bit sketchy to me with the odd information (30k invested wtf?), could be anything. Will never know till you check it out in person.

What are they asking for it?

sorry, I meant to say they have 30k in miles since they purchased it.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:53 AM
On The Tree

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if its within spec(41-45psi is what I have read to be acceptable) GM calls for 43.5psi. You could take the vac line off the fpr and see if you can smell or see fuel in it. If its working properly, there should be no fuel present. Hope that helps...